Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Girls Camp

About 2 months ago I got called to be the young women secretary. Its been such  fun calling and I'm learning a lot. I got to go to girls camp for a week. I was so happy, I LOVE girls camp. For me when I went to girls camp that is where I really found my testimony. So I was exited to go there and talk to the girls (away from the distractions of the world) and help them.
 We went to a camp ground right outside of Colorado. It was gorgeous there but it rained 80 percent of the time. I have never been to girls camp where it rained. We were all so cold and wet. But there was no complaining and I think everyone had a great time.

The Leaders:) and our sexy hats 
Ute creek girls
Deb, I love her!!


Funny story that happened. On the first day we had a CS (adult leader) meeting. And one of the ladies over the meeting comes up to me and say " Alright sweety were are you suppose to be right now?" I said "right here Im a CS".  She said, " Oh my goodness I thought you where one of the girls, I so sorry" LOL
  

4 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

haha loved the story!! thats so awesome fredge.. i bet the girls loved having you there! you would be such a good young womens leader.. i love and i miss you!!

Alyssa/Jo said...

Love all the pics! Those girls sure are awesome! They used to make the "you look like your still a young woman" jokes with me but I'm sure they are even more true with you! Bummer about the rain but extreme weather always makes for a better memories. Glad they got someone super awesome to complete the amazing Young Women's presidency!

berrymom said...

Girls camp is the best!

Aaron and Jessica said...

Kara that is a funny story. Looks like fun. I miss girls camp. Your hair is short I forgot it is way cute though. I hope you and Cody are doing good. I miss you.