Sunday, January 10, 2010

Old to NEW!!

I never thought the day would come where I would get exited to go to a thrift store and rummage through all that junk and find something I love. My mom used to go to the DI and shop and I would sit in the car thinking how gross used stuff is. My, how I have changed, maybe it's because I have to pay for my own stuff now or because I love making something outdated look so cute!
Here is my latest creation. I paid $7 for this worn out table.
After a lot of sanding and painting and more sanding and painting, I got this. I LOVE IT! I was going to sell it but I think I will keep this one.

5 comments:

Lara said...

wow. i love it too! i have an old desk i need to refinish, but i have NO idea how!!! you did such a good job! it looks so good!

berrymom said...

I love it Kara! You have motivated me to go find some bargains!

JaKe and NaT* said...

that look so awesome!! way to go.. i love doin that kind of stuff and it makes you appreciate it more.. if you haven't already you need to check out brooke tuttles and my friend kallies decoratin blog.. its allthingsthrifty.blogspot.com.. you will love it! i love you

morgan said...

I love how it turned out! I can't wait for spring/summer, so I can check out some yard sells! I have a couple of things I need to do right now, and I think you just gave me some motivation! :)

Heart Mommy said...

ohhhhhh! It turned out super cute... Way to go!