Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dj Everett

It officially, I no longer work at the salon DJ Everett!! I cant believe the day has come. When I got the job over 2 years ago I new that I did not want to be there forever. I came home many times in tears wanting to quit. There where a lot of not so pleasant things that I had to deal with but I will write down the positive things I want to remember.
For the first three months of working there I was able to assist my boss Jack who is an amazing stylist. He has been doing hair for over 30 years and a great educator. I was able to learn so much by working next to him. My style of cutting is more left brain artsy and go with the flow. He is very by the book and right brained. He will even measure a lot of his hair cuts to know exactly where to cut. This was great for me to learn how to be more precise and exact.
I also was able to work with some really neat people. When you are with someone every day you become really close. I will miss working with them.
I am now going to be doing hair from home. We were able to put a salon in the basement. Its perfect!! I'm super exited for this and I cant wait to see where this next chapter in life goes.
Good bye DJ Everett, I will miss you!

2 comments:

Dane and Kelsey Pence said...

YAY!! thats so exciting!!! congrats! and good luck with everything!!!

Mike & Britt said...

What a bitter sweet time (: The good news is that the little man will be here before you know it! So exciting! Can't wait to hear the good news! p.s. Thanks for the gift card, you guys are so sweet!