Monday, March 7, 2011

The Proposal!

Last week my friend Natalie did a post on her engagement. It was so cute, it made me go back and read my journal entry of when Cody proposed. I realized that it was just 3 years ago. I thought it would be fun to put it in my blog for our kids to see when they're older.

Here is my journal entry on March 2, 2008

I'M ENGAGED!! It happened on Feb 28. Here is how he did it. My mom had just came to town to take me home. I have been really sick. Cody called and said to stop by his house he had a surprise for me. He was in class but he left the door unlock. So my mom dropped me off at his house and said she would wait in the car.(Later finding out she was in on it too).
I walked to the front door and there was a poem taped to it saying,

"Enter here, Kara my dear and you shall see just how special you are to me.
Well go for a life long ride and Ill always be by your side.
So be not afraid, for Ill always be at you aid
So just open the door and follow the candle lit trail
To the beginning of your magical fairy tale!"

By this time I had major butterfly's. So I opened the front door like the note said and when I walked in all the lights were off and there where candles and rose peddles that I followed into this room. When I got to the room there was a big vase of beautiful roses and a note that said,"I love you, turn around." I turned around and there Cody was standing.( dressed in all black) I think he said Kara I'm in love with you! Will you spend the rest of your life with me?
I was so exited that I had to go down on my knees too lol and I just hugged him. Then I realized I didn't even say yes:) So I just randomly said yes. He then put the ring on my finger.
It was perfect!! I always wondered what my engagement would be like and this was perfect! I love Cody!!

So that was most of the journal entry that I had written down about that day. Its so fun to look back on that day. I cant believe how fast I feel in love with Cody. On our first date I wrote in my journal about him saying, " I met the most amazing guy, I could marry him or someone just like him. Little did I know we would spend the rest of our lives together.
I'm really lucky to have Cody, he has brought out the best in me. He is my best friend! Saying yes to him was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Here is some picks of the engagement day...






This picture makes me laugh. Cody had said lets take a picture of you and the ring. I did that. He says oh I was going to send it to my mom can we take a different one:)

1 comment:

berrymom said...

That was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the upcoming delivery!