Friday, June 17, 2011

3 months old

Wow, I cant believe 3 months has gone by. I feel like we just brought Cooper home from the hospital 2 weeks ago. Time is flying by, he is growing up so fast!!
I never understood why parents always say kids grow up so fast but I really understand now. It needs to slow down!! I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one morning and realize he is 2 years old and wonder where my baby went:) But then there are the days where I catch myself wishing he would be older so I can sleep all night with out having to feed a baby, or where he doesn't have to take so many naps so I can leave the house for longer than an hour. I catch myself and try to remind myself in a few years I will probably be wishing he would nap and wishing I could hold and cuddle with him at night.
I cant believe how much he has learned and grown in 3 short months. Here are some things I want to remember about Mr. Coop....
*He loves to talk! Recently I will put him in his crib for a nap and he will babble and babble right up to the second he falls asleep.
*He is still sleeping a lot. Are day usually goes like this
7:30 Wake up, eat
8:30 nap
10:00 Wake up, eat
11:00 nap
12:00 Wake up and eat
1:00 nap
2:00 Wakes up and eats
3:00 nap
4:00 Wake up and eat
5:00 nap
5:45 wake up eat get ready for bed
7:30 BEDtime...
And the next day it starts all over again!!
* I was complaining on day that I wish he would just take 2 really big naps rather than all these small ones through out the day and the next day he would not nap! He was up from 12-6 with no sleeping, he was a beast!! Not happy at all and I could not get him so fall asleep. So I will never complain about short naps, I will take them. He is so alert and happy when he is awake and as soon as he has been awake for and hour or so he is ready to sleep, and he lets me know it. One minutes he is happy little boy next minute he is screaming little baby!
*He is getting to big!! he is weighting 16lbs!! and wearing his 6 month old clothes.
*He is super strong! He is holding his head up like a pro, he is wanting to stand all the time too.
* He hasn't rolled over yet, well not in fort of me. My mother in law was watching him the other night and said he rolled over twice. It was kind of bitter sweat, I was super happy to hear that he rolled over, but sad I missed it. Then Ed said he may have been on a slight hill and his hand was under him. So I'm not counting it:) And he hasn't done it sense, I think it was gravity!
*He is always smiling! He has the cutest faces he pulls, he will wrinkle his nose and kick his feet when he gets really exited.
*Night sleep...well he use to be doing really good. He would wake up once around 4 or 5am to eat. I was feeling really good and thinking he was going to make it all night long one of these days. Then out of nowhere he is waking up every 2-3 hours all week!! I'm exhausted and praying so hard that this is just his 3 month growth spurt and it will all go back to normal. I really hope so, I get really crazy w/o my sleep.
*I love to watch him sleep. My favorite part of the day is when I go to bed, I will go nurse Cooper one more time. He is asleep when I do this. I just pick him up and he nurses while he sleeps pretty much. I love it. He is so peaceful
I could go on and on. I just love him so much. Its fun to be his mom. I cant wait to see what the next 3 months bring us...

No comments: