Monday, July 18, 2011

4 months old

I'm just wondering where my little newborn went, Cooper is growing up so fast!! He is now 4 MONTHS OLD! He is getting so big and smart. Some things I want to remember this month...
- he is so smiley! He smiles all the time. People always comment on how happy he is.
- he started laughing. The first time he laughed at me is when I was eating lunch and he was sitting in his bumboo next to me. I stuck out my tongue and showed him me food in my mouth. He thought it was the funniest thing ever:) I did it over and over just so I could hear his little giggles.
- he looks just like Cody! This little boy at church says, " oh my heck! He looks just like your husband!" I think its the crazy hair.
- he is really good in the car. He just looks out the window. He will nap in the car but we found out on the drive to Utah the he wont sleep for more that 45 min at a time.
-he is super mellow. I really dont have to do anything for him. He is super happy just watching be clean the house, cook dinner and play on the computer. Im sure this will change one day but ill take it while I can get it.
-he is rolling over from his tummy to his back now! I was so excited to see this.
- he is so funny, when he was a newborn I was reading a bunch of books on helping your baby sleep. One author said that a vacuum will put your baby to sleep. Well one night I gave it a try and sure enough it worked perfect. He went right to sleep. We only used this if he cried more than a few minutes after putting him down. Anyways our vacuum started to wear down so I tried the radio static and sure enough this work as well. I LOVE IT! We really don't use it often only if he wakes up early from a nap to put him back to sleep in the middle of the night if he wakes up, the radio goes on and he goes right back to sleep. Its like magic!!
- no more swaddle!! Yeah, I was super nervous to stop swaddling him and one day I just decide not to do it and what happened? He slept better that ever! I'm so glad!
-he is BIG! He weighs 18.3 lbs and is 27 inches long. And he has lots and lots of rolls:)
-all though he is very happy when he is awake he definatley will let you know if he is tired. He turns into a very grumpy little baby. And I am very quick to put him down for a nap before it gets to late:)
-he is also very strong, he loves to stand on his legs
-our schedule is much much better than last month. Are day now looks like this. Goes to bed at 7:30 wakes up at 8:00 and has 3 naps during the day. Sometime a catnap in the evening if he is grumpy.
-he also started sleeping through the night and will sometime wake up at 5am to eat but usually makes it to 7.

It is so fun to be Coopers mom!! My only complaint lately is that I'm a little bored. I'm not use to staying home. My hole life I have either worked or gone to school. But I really am enjoying the freedom and free time to do whatever I want.
Life if good!!

No comments: