Friday, May 18, 2012

part 4

~ROATAN~

This was my very favorite stop! I LOVED this place. We have decided we are going to live there for a year or so before our kids have to go to school. :) I dought it will happen but we can dream, right?!
On this stop we rented another car and cruised around the island. We stopped at little shops on the side of the road, went to a little zoo for $6 and stopped at the coolest beach I have been to. And ate the most amazing food!!










I really really love kids!! This little boys was so cute after talking with him for a bit I gave him a dollar. He was so exited he carried it all around. 













Monkeys!! My one request for our trip was that I was able to see a monkey!! I love them. We asked all the local where we could hold a monkey, they looked at us like we were crazy for wanting to hold one. But we finally found a monkey that was in a cage and that we could touch. I was thrilled and could have stayed with him all day. 






Best. Food. Ever. 
I was a little concerned at first because in the kitchen was one tiny stove a pop machine. I wasn't sure if the food was going to be good at all. Boy was is wrong. I just ordered what the guy next to me had and it was so good I ordered another one when I was done! I think it was called a Baleadas  Fresh tortilla, beans, chicken, avocado, cheese!
Cindy was the cooks name and I asked her to come home with me:) She just laughed.



We were complely out of money by the end of the day. We had $4 left and this lady was walking around offering massages. I told her I could spend $2, she gave me at least a ten minute massage and it was really good too!









We met the nicest guy from the US that was living there. He is a song writer/ He took shane and cody to a sunken submarine. 

"Better than sex "



















I LOVED our servers! 

There was a show that we went to after dinner and it was so funny! Cody went up on stage and I have never laughed so hard:) At one point he had to help the man up on his stilt and while doing so ended up taking Codys shirt off lol. 







Cody and I danced for hours that night! There was a mexican fiesta. That was my favorite night.



2 comments:

Jamie said...

The food you ate are Baleadas:)Just in case you ever want to ask for them again.

Alyssa/Jo said...

That is one passionate kiss at the end there!!! Between the cute kids you couldn't stop playing with and the smoochy smoochy, I have a feeling we nay be hearing a prego announcement before too long ;) I miss Cindy. She was my favorite. I want another baleada. YUM!