Friday, November 9, 2012

Las Vegas Triathlon


 Last month we took a road trip to Vegas to participate in a triathlon. 
The trip was quick and fun! Leaving Thursday night and getting to Vegas on Friday. Running the race Saturday morning, getting the car brakes fixed, temple trip, dinner, walking the strip and leaving the next morning for a 12 hour drive home. 
 Checking out the lake we are about to swim in the next morning.

 Quick nap while the van got fixed.
Cody and I totally wore snorkels:) 
I'm glad we had Shane there. He has participated in one of these before and helped Cody and I out a lot.



 The swimming portion was by far the hardest part for me. I really did about drown. By the time I finished this I think Cody and Shane were about 20 minutes ahead. 
And I was too cheap to buy a really swimmer swim suit for the race, so I totally rocked my pink and blue flower swim wear from target:) I definitely looked like a beginner.
 Yeah Cody!


 Cody and Shane did great! I think Shane even took 8th place in his age division.
I'm pretty sure I took last place but I did finish:)
 Alyssa was our cheer leader! She was awesome. I saw her a few time during the race. It always nice to have someone cheering for you!
 Yeah for the finish line!



 We made a quick trip to the temple and it was so great.  I had a tender mercy there. Right when we got there I got a terrible migraine that hit me. My migraines are rough, they usually last all day. I was nealing across the alter doing a sealng and as soon as we said amen my migraine was completly gone.  That has never happened... Miracle!



Yeah for triatholons and having a great time with family!! I cant wait to sign up for another one.




1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you didn't drown swimming! Without a snorkel, I know I would die if I had to swim that far. PS I absolutely LOVE your black dress! Your a pretty wife:)