Friday, January 18, 2013

Basement Decor

For Christmas, family always gives us money. We usually just put it right into savings and there it sits. This year I really wanted to spend it. I talked Cody into letting me start on decorating the basement. Our basement is huge and has potential but for the last three years it has looked a little sad. It had a couch and tv in it. I really didn't go down there much unless I was in the salon or watching a show with Cody. 
Here is a pic of what it looked like before. 
(Don't you love the two stools stacked on top of each other with the tv antenna on it :)

Before...
My first priority was to paint. I was so tired of all the white so I chose a light sage green color. I really do love the color of the paint. I have two friends that have the same color in their basement. 
Next was the rug. When it came it was a lot more blue than the paint. But I think it works. Plus I got way too good of a deal on it to return it. I dont think I could find another rug that cheap that I like. 

Then the next step was that entertainment center. Our house was foreclosed and when they left they took part of the built-in entertainment center. So pretty much my only choice was to hire someone to do it.
I am so glad I did. I almost attempted to do it myself but I have absolutely know idea what I would have been doing. I'm sure it would have been a huge mess. 
I LOVE how it turned out. 


 This room seriously makes me smile now. I am downstairs so much more. I actually will go down there to be on the computer or to have Coop play. 





And now the next step is this!! I have big plans for a play area for the kiddos. But I have run out of budget so it will be on hold until I can talk Cody into it:)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the rug! Did you get it at overstock?

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Yes:) Overstock is the best!

JaKe and NaT* said...

love what you did!!