Sunday, June 17, 2012

Progress... maybe

 I think I have made some progress on this huge project of mine and then I look around and realize I'm NO WHERE CLOSE TO BEING DONE:(  But maybe one day.


The process of tearing down that horrible 70s wallpaper.
 I found a great way of heating it up with my blow dryer and it comes of pretty easily. I pulled off all of the drawer and the bathroom door. But I was not thrilled with the wood underneath it. So i decided to prim it and paint over it. It is lifting in areas so I either glue it back on or peel off if necessary. I don't really care if this is perfect. If I want perfect I am going to need to gut the entire thing and rebuild it. Or better yet we would buy a brand new one with our millions that we have sitting in the bank:) haha


Taped off and ready to paint with primer!




 I really under estimated the painting process. I figured a day of two tops. NOT EVEN CLOSE. It took a day of to just to tape it off! There are so many nooks and crannies, to paint around . Its a pain in the butt. As for paint colors I am at a cross roads. I would love to do a nice light color to make the area feel bigger but I'm afraid of the dirt showing. 





Spray painting all the hard wear. I was going to replace it all because it was old and ugly. But as I was shopping around I could not find anywhere that sold these safely lock things. All of the newer model rvs have a locking inside the cabinets. So it looks like I'm stuck with these one. But a little spray paint will help them out a bit.

Seriously I love this little helper! He is so cute. He copies my every move:) He helped me wash the walls, pull down wall paper. Then I looked behind and he had the screwdriver and was sticking it in that hole like he as fixing it!:) 

1 comment:

Alex and Katie said...

You are so awesome and creative to take on such a time consuming project!! It will definitely be time well spend when you finally get to take it camping and enjoy the new and improved look of it:) I can't wait to see the finished product so please post pictures when you are done!